|←||GNU ARM Eclipse Windows Build Tools v2.6-20150715* released||GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU v2.3.50-20150801*-dev released||→|
GNU ARM Eclipse plug-ins v18.104.22.168508011813 released
Version 2.9.1-201508011813 is a new release; the main improvement is the new version of the GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU emulator (including a graphical LED emulator), paired with a new version of the QEMU Debugging plug-in; also embedded applications can now be executed in Run mode, not only in Debug mode.
- GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU 2.2.92-20150404*-dev released;
- GNU ARM Eclipse Build Tools 2.6-20150715* released;
- a new version of the QEMU Debugging plug-in was added; the board and device definitions are copied from the project CMSIS configuration, if available;
- [feature-requests:#104] all debug launch configurations can also be started in Run mode; the difference is that breakpoint support is disabled, so execution will proceed without halting in breakpoints;
- [feature-requests:#95] support for new ARM architectures (arm7ve, armv8-a+crc) and CPUs (cortex-a12, cortex-m0.small-multiply, cortex-m0plus.small-multiply, cortex-m1.small-multiply) was added; to match the capabilities of GCC 4.9;
- support for editing the toolchain path for any supported toolchain was added; previously only the default toolchain path was editable;
- support for configuring the toolchain for non-managed projects was added; previously the indexer for non-managed projects could not be configured to match the actual build configuration;
- [support-requests:#155] the STM32F4 template was updated to use HAL v1.6;
- the STM32F446xx was added to the STM32F4 template;
- the QEMU build script was updated to use Docker; the build procedure was extended to download most of the required libraries and build them from sources.
- [bugs:#188] the CMSIS Packs Manager failed to download from Nordic URLs, which redirected to another server; the download code was improved to process HTTP redirects;
- [bugs:#186] non relevant setting are no longer shown in non-manged projects;
- [bugs:#184] editing the path for other toolchains than the default one was not possible; added.
- [feature-requests:#97] the VTOR register is now explicitly set during initialisations, to be sure it matches the address of the vectors;
- in the blinky projects, the first cycle is a full second with the LED turned on, as a visual feedback that the LED polarity is configured correctly.
- none so far
Notes: for QEMU problems, please see the separate post.